[Durham INC] FW: [INCexecutivecommittee] Fwd: TC1200012

Rebecca Board becca at cyberlily.com
Tue Dec 10 11:44:38 EST 2013

I've also reviewed this proposed text change to the UDO and agree with Pat.
I could possibly be convinced about the road frontages and density
increases with a development plan, but the argument they are making for
removing fractions in the density allowances just makes no logical sense.
It does nothing to eliminate the final fractional number computed for
allowed units which they claim as their issue.  To me it appears to be just
a very thinly disguised excuse to increase density.   If the developer
really only cared about fractional units like they claim, they would be
asking for more generous rounding rules after the fractional density is
multiplied by the fractional acreage.   That would at most increase the
density of a project by one unit.

Rebecca