[Durham INC] Trees in Danger: Remove your worm bands!!!

Debra Hawkins dhawkins913311 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 19:05:58 EDT 2015

**** Please Cross Post ******

Dear neighbors: Driving around the n'hoods, many still have cankerworm bands
on trees near or on their properties. Please remove them as soon as you can
find a few minutes. We are well past the point of them doing good, and well
into the phase of them doing harm to the tree. By late April, insects, wet,
rot and fungus have made serious inroads under these bands and the tree can
be irreversibly damaged and even killed.

So please, take your bands down, and those of any public trees you see..and
let your neighbors know to do the same! All our hard work saving the leaves
is for naught, if we lose the tree to the bands themselves.

Kindly,

D on G'wood, N'gate Park