[Durham INC] Please support Merrick Moore Community with a No Vote

Merrick Moore Community merrickmoorecommunity at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 22:04:24 EST 2021

 Hello INC staff and delegates,

Merrick-Moore Community is scheduled to appear before Durham City Council
on Monday, February 1, 2021, at 7:00 pm.  We ask that you register to speak
on behalf of Merrick-Moore or forward an email. I've posted an email
template below with a list of our concerns, but feel free to use your own
words. You will find a link to register for the meeting listed below.

As a resident of Durham,

I am concerned about the potential harms to the Merrick-Moore Community
brought on by current and proposed developments. We feel that this
development, along with other proposed rezoning projects along Cheek Road
will significantly increase traffic on an already overburdened road,
increasing the likelihood of pedestrian fatalities.

·We request that any current and future rezoning proposals be delayed until
the infrastructure along Cheek Road has been updated to a safer streets
plan.
 Displacement of our longtime residents and those who are living on a fixed
income.
·Price point of homes are unaffordable to many
·Increased Air pollution
·Significant loss of tree canopy
·Increase in single-use vehicles.

Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

*February 1, 2021, City Council Meeting Public Participation*
This meeting will be held online using the Zoom virtual meeting platform.

·       Register to speak at the hearing at least 30 minutes before the
meeting at:

o   https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_lR58ySPbQG-e2gfkwZAo-w

o   Webinar ID: 915 5361 3397

·       Or by calling 1-301-715-8592 at least 15 minutes before the meeting
start time

·       Instructions to participate in the virtual meeting or to watch it
live are available at https://durhamnc.gov/3012/Public-Hearings-and-Notices
<https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_lR58ySPbQG-e2gfkwZAo-w>
*Case# 2720 Faucette Avenue (BDG1900012*

with gratitude,
Bonita Green
Merrick-Moore Community Development Corporation
*merrickmoorecommunity at gmail.com <merrickmoorecommunity at gmail.com>*
954.632.2079 (mobile)