[Durham INC] FW: Invitation to Walltown Press Conference on Northgate Mall

Tom Miller tom-miller1 at nc.rr.com
Mon Apr 26 18:22:35 EDT 2021

Oh my.  What he said.

From: Tom Miller [mailto:tom-miller1 at nc.rr.com]
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2021 6:18 PM
To: 'Jeff Furman'; 'Schewel, Steve'; 'Council at DurhamNC.gov'
Subject: RE: Invitation to Walltown Press Conference on Northgate Mall

Whatever your experience may have been in other places, Mr. Furman.  In Durham we believe everyone should share in the benefits of our community and that everyone shares in the responsibility of confronting and overcoming our community’s problems.  No one is exempt from obligations of community stewardship.  This applies to private landowners no less than anyone else.  In fact, I would venture to say that when someone who owns so large a parcel near our city center as Northgate with all the opportunities that flow from that ownership, the responsibility of community stewardship is all the greater.

Tom Miller