[Durham INC] Please join Bike Durham this evening for the Ride of Silence

John Tallmadge director at bikedurham.org
Wed May 18 08:12:03 EDT 2022

*Today, Wednesday May 18 is the Ride of Silence.* Bike Durham hosts this
annual ride to remember those who have lost their lives or been injured
while walking or biking due to traffic violence. We'll gather *at CCB Plaza
in downtown at 6pm* when I'll make remarks, followed by City Council member
Javiera Caballero. County Commissioner Heidi Carter will read the English
version of the Ride of Silence poem and School Board member Alexandra
Valladares will read the Spanish version. Then we'll roll out as a group
for a slow-paced silent 5-mile ride through the streets of central Durham.

You can find full event details here
<https://bikedurham.org/calendar-new/2022-ride-of-silence?>.  *Please register
<https://actionnetwork.org/events/ride-of-silence-2022?source=listserv_email>
and
let us know that you'll be coming.*
I hope to see you this evening.

John
--
John Tallmadge (he/him/his)
Executive Director

Support our work with a tax-deductible donation today!
bikedurham.org/donate [image: 🚲][image: 🚌] [image: 🚶]