[Durham INC] Does anyone know who writes for the Durham Dispatch?

SZ Rosenthal szrcoho at mindspring.com
Sat Jul 13 16:03:47 EDT 2024

Ziyad Habash, who is a friend of mine, is the fellow behind the Durham Dispatch. It is a relatively new site, and he is finding his way. I’m sure he would be interested in your feedback. It is NOT an AI-driven site. Ziyad may not agree with everything that he posts on the Dispatch, however, he is seeking to bring in a wide variety of voices. Where there is no by-line, I would guess that those are articles that he himself writes. He sometimes sends me drafts for comment of his own articles, which I generally find to be well-researched and thoughtful.

-Sherri

Sherri Zann Rosenthal

> On Jul 12, 2024, at 9:41 PM, bruce at paintingsbybruce.com wrote:
>
> I think you're right to be suspicious. The absence of ANY identifying info and its bare-bones structure suggest automation. The 'filters' applied to pictures for many of the articles seem weird, too. I can only speculate at this point as my cursory searches for details yield only more questions. So far, though, I'm getting a very strong whiff of AI from this Durham Dispatch operation.
>
> I'm not about to click on their social media links, as I avoid that stuff like the plague that it is. Do let us know if you learn more.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Bruce
>
> On 2024-07-12 17:55, R Z wrote:
>
>> I'm sorry. By "byline" I mean a person with a name. All I'm seeing are links to the original work which, from the ones I have checked, are just press releases from political activist groups or NGOs. No author names are mentioned that I can see. Nothing wrong with that but I would just like to see who is behind it, like the names on the masthead or a real byline. Maybe I'm just overlooking it...
>>
>> Richard
>>

>> On Fri, Jul 12, 2024 at 5:34 PM Mary Molina <mymolina49 at yahoo.com <mailto:mymolina49 at yahoo.com>> wrote:
>> The writer(s)/groups are noted at the bottom
>> of each story
>>

>> Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone <https://mail.onelink.me/107872968?pid=nativeplacement&c=Global_Acquisition_YMktg_315_Internal_EmailSignature&af_sub1=Acquisition&af_sub2=Global_YMktg&af_sub3=&af_sub4=100000604&af_sub5=EmailSignature__Static_>
>> On Friday, July 12, 2024, 5:06 PM, R Z <richard.ziglar at gmail.com <mailto:richard.ziglar at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>> They seem to be an aggregator but their articles very often are not bylined.
>>>
>>> https://www.durhamdispatch.com/post/the-landlord-cartel-realpage-and-why-your-rent-is-going-up
>>>
>>> --Richard

Sherri Zann Rosenthal
c919-949-6514