[Durham INC] Does anyone know who writes for the Durham Dispatch?

bruce at paintingsbybruce.com bruce at paintingsbybruce.com
Sat Jul 13 17:45:41 EDT 2024

Okay, cool. Thanks for the clarification. Do let him know that NOT
filling in a few key details about what it is and who is behind it just
raises questions and invites idle speculation (my bad there). He might
also want to know that someone created a "Durham Dispatch LLC" in
Canton, OH in 2022, just FYI.

Carry on.

Bruce

On 2024-07-13 16:03, SZ Rosenthal wrote:

> Ziyad Habash, who is a friend of mine, is the fellow behind the Durham
> Dispatch. It is a relatively new site, and he is finding his way. I'm
> sure he would be interested in your feedback. It is NOT an AI-driven
> site. Ziyad may not agree with everything that he posts on the
> Dispatch, however, he is seeking to bring in a wide variety of voices.
> Where there is no by-line, I would guess that those are articles that
> he himself writes. He sometimes sends me drafts for comment of his own
> articles, which I generally find to be well-researched and thoughtful.
>
> -Sherri
>
> Sherri Zann Rosenthal
>
> On Jul 12, 2024, at 9:41 PM, bruce at paintingsbybruce.com wrote:
>
> I think you're right to be suspicious. The absence of ANY identifying
> info and its bare-bones structure suggest automation. The 'filters'
> applied to pictures for many of the articles seem weird, too. I can
> only speculate at this point as my cursory searches for details yield
> only more questions. So far, though, I'm getting a very strong whiff of
> AI from this Durham Dispatch operation.
>
> I'm not about to click on their social media links, as I avoid that
> stuff like the plague that it is. Do let us know if you learn more.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Bruce
>
> On 2024-07-12 17:55, R Z wrote:
>
> I'm sorry. By "byline" I mean a person with a name. All I'm seeing are
> links to the original work which, from the ones I have checked, are
> just press releases from political activist groups or NGOs. No author
> names are mentioned that I can see. Nothing wrong with that but I would
> just like to see who is behind it, like the names on the masthead or a
> real byline. Maybe I'm just overlooking it...
>
> Richard
>
> On Fri, Jul 12, 2024 at 5:34 PM Mary Molina <mymolina49 at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> The writer(s)/groups are noted at the bottom
> of each story
>
> Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone [1]
> On Friday, July 12, 2024, 5:06 PM, R Z <richard.ziglar at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> They seem to be an aggregator but their articles very often are not
> bylined.
>
> https://www.durhamdispatch.com/post/the-landlord-cartel-realpage-and-why-your-rent-is-going-up

> INC Website: https://sites.google.com/view/durhaminc/
>
> Durham INC Mailing List
> inc-list at lists.deltaforce.net

Sherri Zann Rosenthal
c919-949-6514

Links:
------
[1]
https://mail.onelink.me/107872968?pid=nativeplacement&c=Global_Acquisition_YMktg_315_Internal_EmailSignature&af_sub1=Acquisition&af_sub2=Global_YMktg&af_sub3=&af_sub4=100000604&af_sub5=EmailSignature__Static_